Earth Day Bible Activity: Taking Care of God’s Creation (Genesis 2:15-20)
Published: February 3, 2020
Help your kids understand the real reason for Christians getting involved in environmental issues — it’s their God-given task to take care of God’s creation!
Earth Day Bible Activity: Taking Care of God’s Creation
Have kids volunteer for the following parts:
- 2 people to stretch out on the ground as a river
- 2 “generic” trees
- the tree of life
- the tree of having the knowledge of good and evil
All the other kids will be birds or animals. Have volunteers stay in their seats until the narrator reads aloud the Bible passage.
Say: Listen and be ready to take your place in the garden as you hear your part in this Bible story.
Have the narrator read aloud the creation story account in Genesis 2:15-20, pausing and signaling kids to perform their assigned parts. Afterward, ask:
- What do you think the Garden of Eden was like?
- What job did God give Adam?
- Have you ever helped take care of a garden?
- What do you like about gardening? dislike about gardening?
Say: Adam likely enjoyed taking care of the garden and watching over all the animals. But soon Adam and Eve disobeyed God and did something he told them not to do. God made them leave the garden. Then more and more people were born and they began to spread all over the Earth. Now we have the whole world to take care of!
- Do you think we’re doing a good job taking care of God’s creation, the Earth? Why or why not?
- What are some ways we can take care of the Earth this week?
Looking for more ideas for spring? Check out these posts!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.