This children’s message is a great way to teach your elementary students about taking care of God’s creation. This message focuses on the scripture from Psalm 104:24.
- a Bible
- and a container of M&M’s candies or Skittles.
Elementary Children’s Message: Taking Care of God’s Creation
Form three groups. Say the following phrases and give each group an assignment.
- Say to the first group: “Oh, Lord, how many are your works.” With your group, choose a number between one and five.
- Then say to the second group: “In wisdom, you made them all.” Shake out the number of candies that Group 1 chooses.
- Lastly, say to the third group: “The Earth is full of your possessions.” Your group has 15 seconds to call out things in God’s creation, using the number chosen and the color of candies.
For example, if Group 1 calls out two and Group 2 shakes out red and yellow, Group 3 has to name two red things in God’s creation, such as a flower and ladybug, and two yellow things, such as the sun and a lemon.
After each round, rotate the groups’ responsibilities. After three rounds, share the candy with everyone.
- How do things in creation meet people’s needs?
- Do you think people are taking good care of God’s creation? Why or why not?
- If God put you in charge of his creation, what would you do?
Say: God has put each of us in charge of his creation. God wants us to take care of what he has created.