This Bible game, Jacob’s Ladder, is a great way to teach the older kids in your children’s ministry about the Tower of Babel.
- a large tree (or inside against a wall)
- some colored chalk
Preteen Ministry Bible Game: Jacob’s Ladder And The Tower of Babel
You can play Jacob’s Ladder in teams or as an entire group. Have children work together to form a human ladder using their bodies. The goal is to see how high their human ladder can reach. Once they’ve reached as high as they possibly can, have the top child make a chalk mark on the tree.
After children make their first mark, have them sit down and plan together before their second try. Give them several chances to keep going higher. (Make sure you provide adult volunteers as spotters for the ladders.)
Afterward, read aloud Genesis 11:1-9.
- How did you feel as you built your ladder?
- How do you think the people of Babel felt as they built their ladder?
- What are the similarities between our ladder and the Tower of Babel? the differences?
- Why was God so displeased about the Tower of Babel?
- Do you think God was pleased or displeased with our ladder? Explain.
- Why does God care about the reasons behind what we do?
Looking for more ministry games? Check out these ideas!