Make this Growing in God’s Garden gift for parents of your toddlers and babies as a way to encourage parents to share their faith with their children.
Growing in God’s Garden
Follow these steps:
1. You’ll need one medium-size, flat coin envelope (available at discount and office supply stores) for each child.
2. Take a photo of each child in your nursery, and then create personalized seed packets, with how-to-grow instructions.
3. Trim each photo and glue it to the lower two-thirds of a coin envelope.
4. Write the child’s name across the top of each envelope where the name of a plant would usually appear.
5. On the back of the envelopes add labels that say:
“Care Instructions: Needs a lot of sunshine, hugs, and love, ‘for they are transplanted to the Lord’s own house. They flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age; they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green’ (Psalm 92:13).”
Los Angeles, California