This preteen message and snack combo teaches preteens about the importance of having honoring conversations.
For this fun and delicious lesson, you’ll need:
- salted and unsalted tortilla chips,
- a Bible,
- napkins, and
Preteen Message and Bible Snack: Chips and “Salt”sa
Give each preteen unsalted chips in one hand and salted chips in the other. Have kids eat their chips, one hand at a time.
- How did your chips taste?
- Was one tastier than the other? Why or why not?
- How did you feel after you ate each handful?
Read aloud Colossians 4:6. Say, “Salt improved the taste of the chips. The salted chips left a good taste in our mouths. In the same way, our words and actions should leave a ‘good taste’ for others.”
- What does a ‘salty’ conversation sound like?
- What words describe a salty conversation?
- How can we be intentional about leaving a ‘good taste’ for other people?”
Close in prayer, asking God to help us leave “good tastes” for all the people we encounter. Then serve the leftover chips with salsa as a snack.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
For more great information like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine!