Use this Thanksgiving Idea: Tree of Thanks with families or kids in your ministry.
- 1 Dry Branch (at least 2 ft. high)
- 1 quart size mason jar
- smooth river stones
- decorative moss
- 12-inch ribbon
- metal rim marking tags
Tree of Thanks
Start the Tree of Thanks as a fun Thanksgiving tradition and keep it displayed year-round as a reminder of the many things for which you are thankful.
You can build your own Tree of Thanks by following these steps:
- Find a branch that has fallen off a tree in your yard or church and put it in a quart size mason jar.
- Then secure it by filling the jar with smooth river stones and top the stones off with decorative moss.
- Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar.
- Then set out a bowl of metal rim marking tags and pens.
- As each family member or child in your ministry thinks of things they were thankful for, write that word on one of the tags and then tie it on to the branch as if it were a leaf.
It’s exciting to see the tree branch slowly fill up with “leaves” of thankfulness.