Use this timeline activity to help families celebrate their journey with God and to reflect on his faithfulness in their lives over the years.
For each family, you’ll need:
- a 6-foot piece of butcher paper,
- masking tape, and
- a Bible.
Family Ministry Activity: Creating Family Timelines
In a large room, tape one piece of butcher paper to the wall for each family. Have each family work together to create a timeline of their journey with God using words, drawings, and Bible verses. Have families include marriages and birthdays as well as family milestones, such as when a child entered preschool or when the family moved. Then families can add fun memories and difficult times that affected everyone — illnesses or injuries, vacations, or changes in jobs or schools.
After families are finished with their timelines, have them discuss these questions:
- What are your family’s best memories? What are your future dreams for your family?
- How have you seen God moving in your family through the years?
- What difficult events have you overcome as a family? How did those events make you closer?
- How has your family experienced God’s faithfulness?