For a tasty way to celebrate the holidays this year, try this Thanksgiving Bible snack! Have your kids make mini-pumpkin pies as they study Psalm 118:28-29.
- premade custard crusts (available in grocery stores),
- and the following ingredients for each “pie”
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
Thanksgiving Bible Snack: Mini-Pumpkin Pies
Have kids mix their ingredients in a small bowl and then spoon the mixture into a custard crust. (You can have older kids measure out their own ingredients, or have the ingredients premeasured out for younger kids or as a time saver.) Allow the pies to sit for 15 minutes.
Read aloud Psalm 118:28-29. Ask:
- What does it mean to say, ‘I will exalt you’?
- What does forever mean to you?
- How does it make you feel to know that God’s love endures forever?
- What Thanksgiving traditions do you have at home to thank God?
- In what ways can we remember to continually give thanks to God?”
Looking for an additional Thanksgiving Bible snack? Try Thanksgiving Snack: Apple Turkeys.