This unique and exciting shaving cream art will teach elementary-aged kids how fearfully and wonderfully God created them.
- A cookie sheet (with no edges),
- nonmedicated shaving cream (available at dollar stores),
- food coloring (this might stain, so encourage paint shirts),
- white construction paper,
- a squeegee,
- towels, and
Elementary Bible Craft: Shaving Cream Art
First, spread the newspaper on a table with the cookie sheet on top. Have kids cover the cookie sheet with shaving cream, then lightly dot food coloring on the cream. Then have the kids use straws to swirl the food coloring into patterns, then lay construction paper onto the mixture. Massage the paper so the shaving cream and food coloring soak in. Then peel up the paper, laying it on newspaper on a flat surface.
While the kids are squeegeeing off the shaving cream, read aloud Psalm 139:14: “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.” Then ask the class:
- How is your creation unique and wonderful?
- How has God made you unique and wonderful?
Prescott Valley, Arizona