This wind chimes Bible craft is the perfect activity to remind elementary kids and preteens to praise the Lord, as all of creation does.
Elementary and Preteen Bible Craft: Wind Chimes
Stuff you’ll need:
- One large and one small tin can (The small can should be small enough to rattle around in the bigger can),
- a hammer,
- a nail,
- tempera paint,
- brushes and
- heavy string.
Remove one end from each can. Then wash cans. With a hammer and nail, punch a hole in the center of the end of each can.
Tell the kids to:
- Use the paint to decorate the larger can in any way you choose. Paint the small can a solid color. Allow the paint to dry.
- Push the string through the hole in the end of the small can and tie a knot on the inside of the can. Push the other end of the string through the inside of the larger can and through the hole in the end. Pull the string taut. Tie a loop in the remaining string protruding from the can.
- Take your wind chimes home and hang them outside on a patio or from a tree. Listen to the joyful noise your chimes make to theLord.
Read aloud Psalm 98:4-9.
- Why does the Bible tell us to sing praises to God?
- How does creation sing praises to God?
- In what ways can you praise God?
- How can the music of your wind chimes craft remind you to praise God this week?
Crystal Lake, Illinois