Teach kids to how to reach those around them, including their families, by living the faith that is presented in this craft-based Bible lesson, Potpourri Ornaments.
- Frozen-juice can lids,
- wooden craft sticks,
- small boxes with lids,
- card stock and scissors,
- large buttons,
- white glue,
- 8-inch lengths of narrow ribbon, and
- small doilies or paper coasters.
Children’s Ministry Christmas Craft: Potpourri Ornaments
Read aloud 2 Corinthians 2:15. Then say: Choose an object to create an ornament. Spread glue all over one side of your object. Press both ends of a piece of ribbon into the glue to form a loop. Cover the glue-covered side of your object with potpourri. Allow this to dry
Optional: Glue a doily to the back or bottom of your object.
- How does your potpourri ornament smell?
- What does it mean that we are a “fragrance of Christ”?
- How do you think your faith in Christ smells to the people around you-very fragrant, a little fragrant, or not fragrant at all?
- How can we be very fragrant for Christ at school? at home? at play?
Say: Use your ornament to remind you that Jesus wants us to be like him.
Close in prayer for the areas children mention, and ask God to work a miracle in those areas.
For more great ideas like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine!