This five-minute children’s message will teach kids in your ministry that they are able to help those around them.
- A Bible, and
- several objects or toys such as balls or stuffed animals.
5-Minute Children’s Message: I Can Help
Form two groups. Say: Those of you in the first group, sit down and cover your eyes. Your goal is to stand up and walk to the rear of the room and back without taking your hands off your eyes.
- How could those of you in the second group help the people in the first group?
Allow kids in the second group to assist the children in the first group accomplish their task. Then have all of them return to the front of the room. Lay the objects on the ground.
Say: Those of you in the second group, pick up an object from the ground without using your hands. After a minute, I’ll let the people in the first group help you.
Read Mark 2:1-5.
- How did you feel when you had to walk with your eyes closed? to pick up something without using your hands?
- How are those feelings like or unlike the feelings the paralytic may have had?
- How did you feel when your friends helped you? when you helped your friends?
- How can you help your friends or family this week?
Let’s pray. Jesus, help us be good helpers this week.
Janice Long is a former editorial assistant for Children’s Ministry Magazine.
For more great ideas like this in each issue, subscribe to Children’s Ministry Magazine today!