With Memorial Day around the corner, we thought it would be nice to share some quotes with you about the day of remembrance.
According to military.com, “The simplest thing you can do to explain and honor this holiday with your children is to spend time talking to them about what Memorial Day means to you. Take the day to talk & reflect on the subject of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.” With Memorial Day around the corner, we thought it would be nice to share some quotes with you about the day of remembrance.
7 Shareable Quotes for the Remembrance of Memorial Day
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
- “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor-and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” -General George S. Patton
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers but to praise them.” – Francis A. Walker
- “Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
- “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13) -Jesus