Christmas Bingo is a fun game designed to spread a little Christmas cheer to kids who are not yet ready to read.
For this fun Christmas bingo game, create nine 1-inch squares on a single page and paste in a different Christmas clip art image in each square.
Use a manger with straw, a star, a cow, a candle, a shepherd with sheep, an angel, Mary, a gift, and a donkey. Print a Bingo game card for each child with rearranged images on different cards.
Playing Christmas Bingo
To play the game, give each child nine wrapped Christmas candies and a Bingo card. Have kids place a Christmas candy on each figure as you describe it with the following clues. (A “Bingo” is any three pictures in a row.)
- Manger: “I am the straw, all golden brown, where Mary laid her baby down.”
- Star: “I am the star that shone so bright over baby Jesus that first night.”
- Cow: “I am the cow with breath so sweet who breathed on baby Jesus’ feet.”
- Candle: “I am the candle with the warm, soft glow that lit that room so long ago.”
- Shepherd: “I am the shepherd with my sheep who came to watch the baby sleep.”
- Angel: “I am the angel who told of Christ’s birth. I shouted the message, ‘Peace on Earth!’ “
- Mary: “I am Mary, the mother of this baby boy. To serve God completely is my heart’s greatest joy.”
- Gift: “I am the present the wise men would bring to worship this baby born to be King.”
- Donkey: “I am the donkey who walked a long road with Mary the mother as my heavy load.”
If you have children who have listening or language problems, make a full-page copy of each piece of game art so you can show the picture as you read the description. Give each child a small bag to take home the Christmas candies after the Bingo game.