Use this Father’s Day Children’s Message with children to focus on fathers and other men who encourage the children in their lives.
Father’s Day Children’s Message: My Father, the Encourager
First, have the kids form pairs, and give each pair a book. Have one partner walk across the room and back with a book balanced on his or her head. Have the other partner walk along and encourage the balancing partner. Then have the children change roles.
- How did it feel to have someone there all the time encouraging you?
- Can you think of what it might feel like to not have someone there to encourage you?
Read aloud Acts 11:22-24.
- How does your father or another male family member encourage you?
- How does one of the men here at church encourage you?
- In what ways can we encourage our fathers?
Close in prayer, thanking God for the gift of fathers and other men who encourage children.
Looking for even more great ideas for Father’s Day? Check out all our Father’s Day posts. For loads of great ideas in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine. And for daily posts of encouragement and inspiration, follow us on Facebook!