Use this Father’s Day Children’s Message with children to focus on fathers and other men who encourage children.
Father’s Day Children’s Message: My Father, the Encourager
Form pairs. Give each pair a book. Have one partner walk across the room and back with a book balanced on his or her head. Have the other partner walk along and encourage the balancing partner. Then have the children change roles.
- How did it feel to have someone there all the time encouraging you?
- Can you think of what it might feel like to not have someone there to encourage you?
Read aloud Acts 11:22-24.
- How does your father or another male family member encourage you?
- How does one of the men here at church encourage you?
- In what ways can we encourage our fathers?
Close in prayer, thanking God for the gift of fathers and other men who encourage children.