Help kids remember the important role that our earthly father’s play in our lives with this Father’s Day Craft: My Father’s Tie.
Stuff you’ll need:
- Construction paper
- a hole punch
Making a Tie
Tell kids to make a creative Father’s Day card for their father, grandfather, or favorite adult male with these steps:
- Cut a tie shape from construction paper.
- Decorate your tie to look like the kind of tie your father wears. On the back, write a note to your father to wish him “Happy Father’s Day.”
- Punch two holes in the top of the tie.
- Thread a 15-inch piece of yarn through the two holes and tie the two ends together in a knot. Make sure the yarn is large enough to fit around a man’s head.
Say: In Exodus 20:12, God tells us to “honor your father.” Honor means to respect, listen to and obey. Giving your father a special gift is one way to honor him.
- What are some other ways you can honor your father on Father’s Day?
- What’s one thing you’ll do for your father today to honor him?
Say: In Psalm 103:13, God says he’s like a father who’s kind to his children. Let’s wish God “Happy Father’s Day” also by thanking him for giving us our fathers.
Oakfield, New York