Get families reading (and talking about) the Bible with this one-year plan that offers an overview of key events and people in God’s great story.
We all want kids to develop a lifelong love for reading the Bible—and what better way than to make it a wonderful opportunity for families to spend time reading, talking, and bonding?
Share this easy Bible reading plan with parents and kids. When families commit to the plan, they’ll discover an overview of key people and events in the Bible. Together they’ll build good reading habits and learn to think more deeply about God’s Word.
A Reading Plan for Families: One Year in the Bible
Here’s how it works.
- Post this reading plan somewhere the entire family will see it, like on your refrigerator.
- Find the week’s passage in the Bible. Read it together or on your own. (We suggest reading longer passages together over a few days.)
- Once each family member has read the passage, discuss the following questions.
- What surprised you about this passage?
- What do you think this passage shows us about God?
- How do you think this passage relates to your life today?
- What did you learn about the people in this passage?
- Pray together, asking God to strengthen your understanding of his Word. Then check off the week’s reading.
It’s as easy as that! Happy reading—our prayer is that you and your family grow closer to each other and to God as you embark on your journey through the Bible.
Download your Family Reading Plan: One Year in the Bible.
Looking for more ideas for families? Check out these articles!