This children’s devotion will teach kids in kindergarten through sixth-grade about the idea of pleasing God.
- white crayon,
- a piece of white construction paper,
- watercolor paints,
- a paintbrush,
- a small glass of water, and
- an older child to read aloud the Scripture.
Use a white crayon to outline a dove on a sheet of white construction paper.
Children’s Devotion: My Beloved Son
Start this children’s devotion by showing kids the white paper with the white dove hidden on it. Don’t point out the dove to them. Say: This paper reminds me of a time that something very special happened to Jesus. Have an older child read aloud Matthew 3:13-17 while you paint the picture from the left side of the page to the right. Show children the picture with the dove revealed.
Say: The Holy Spirit rested on Jesus in the form of a dove. Ask:
- What would you have thought if you had seen the dove and heard God’s words?
- Why do you think God said he was pleased with Jesus?
End the children’s devotion by saying: Let’s pray. God, thank you for sending Jesus to be our example. Thank you that when we’re your children you are pleased with us. Help us to be more like Jesus.