In children’s ministry, we often talk about the birth of Jesus. But, we often overlook the idea of a census. These Christmas Census Questions help your family better understand the census Mary and Joseph participated in that lead them to the town of Bethlehem.
Family Activity: Christmas Census Questions
First, read aloud Luke 2:1-5 to see how Mary and Joseph had to travel for the census. Then answer the following questions as a family:
- How many people live in our house?
- What is the age of the youngest person in our house?
- What is the age of the oldest child in our house?
- Why do we have Bibles in our house?
- What do you love the best about our family?
- What do we like about our family praying together?
- What’s each person’s favorite Christmas decoration?
- What do you love most about Christmas?
- When are the best times for our family to talk about God?
- How does our family’s faith help us at school or work?
- What’s something you’re thankful to God for today?