This Valentine’s Day craft and object lesson will have kids show God’s love to someone special.
- Wallpaper or wrapping paper,
- a covered box filled with scented powder,
- cotton balls,
- white paper,
- and markers.
Valentine’s Day Craft + Object Lesson: I (Heart) You!
Tell kids to make a valentine heart to share with a friend. Cut out one large heart shape from the decorative paper and the same-sized heart shape from white paper. Write a message of love on the white heart.
Punch holes 1/2-inch apart around the edges of the hearts.
Shake cotton balls in the scented powder. Then place one or two cotton balls between your paper hearts. Lace around the edges and tie off the yarn with a bow. Read 1 John 4:9-10.
- According to this Scripture, how has God shown us his love?
- What other ways has God shown you his love?
- How can you show others that God loves them? that you love them?
Debbie Trafton O’Neal