Free Preschool Activity Page: The Ten Commandments
Published: August 24, 2022
In this activity page, preschoolers discover the importance of the Ten Commandments as they listen to instructions for their crafts.
Scripture: Exodus 19:16–20:21
- copies of activity page (1 per child)
- cotton balls (1 per child)
- 1 roll of aluminum foil
- sand in a saltshaker
Ten Commandments Activity Page
Write children’s names on their pages. Fill a saltshaker with sand. Set out the saltshaker, cotton balls, and aluminum foil.
- Give each child an activity page. Let kids follow a simple rule such as coloring only rocks in their picture and then placing their crayons down on top of their pages.
- When the kids follow this command, explain that God has also given us important rules to follow and obey. Remind the children that Moses was given the Ten Commandments to help everyone know how to obey God. Show kids where the Ten Commandments are found in the Bible (Exodus 20), and give a simple summary of the commandments.
- Ask kids to follow some more “activity page commandments.” Instruct children by saying: “Spread glue on the picture of the stone tablets. Now shake a little bit of sand over the glue.” Continue to instruct children this way as they color and decorate their pages. Have kids glue cotton on the clouds and on the beard of Moses. Then encourage children to add strips of foil to the lightning bolts.
- When the picture is finished, praise children for their good listening, and thank kids for following your instructions. Encourage them to share the “Ten Commandments” activity page with their families and display it at home as a reminder to obey God every day.
Obeying God’s Commands
- Why was it important to follow my instructions for decorating your pages?
- Why is it important to obey God’s commands?
- How can you obey God today?
Say: By following my instructions, we had fun, and all your pages look beautiful! Following God is even more important. God gives us commands in the Bible because God loves us and wants what’s best for us.
Pray: Lord, thank you for helping us listen and obey. Help us to obey you every day. In Jesus’ name, amen.
This craft comes from Coloring Creations: 52 Creative Bible Lessons. For even more ideas, check out these posts!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.