You don’t have to be famous for Jesus to love you. Jesus doesn’t discriminate. However, we often do. How can we help kids include everyone at church? This children’s message can help teach kids about inviting everyone.
Text: Luke 14:12-14
Preparation: You’ll need a treat for each child
and a Bible.
Early Elementary Children’s Message: Inviting Everyone
Select half the children to be”famous.” Tell them to talk only to one another. Let the groups interact for one minute.
Say: Now we’ll have a party and invite only our famous friends. If you’re not famous, you’ll have to sit in the corner of the room. Pass out treats to the famous group. Continue to role play until you sense kids’ frustration. Then gather everyone in a circle, and pass out treats to the rest of the kids.
- If you were famous, how did it feel to ignore your friends in the other group?
- If you weren’t famous, how did it feel to be ignored and not get invited?
- Have you ever felt this way at church or at school? Explain.
- What are the reasons we don’t include people?
Say: Jesus said we should include people no matter what they look like or what they own.
- What are the ways you can include people at church or school?
Close this message in a prayer asking God to help us make sure we’re including others.
For more great messages like this, subscribe to Children’s Ministry Magazine today!