Use this at-home family Easter activity to sprout a seed this spring as the perfect reminder of the new life we have in Jesus as his children.
For each family kit, you’ll need:
- paper towels,
- plastic baggies,
- a printout of 1 Corinthians 3:6-9 and instructions (permission granted to simply copy and paste what’s below)
At-Home Family Easter Activity: Faith Seedlings
Have your family members each place four seeds in a folded piece of paper towel, and then place the paper towel inside a baggie, leaving the baggie open. Moisten—but don’t swamp—the towels and place the seed baggies in a sunny area.
Together, read aloud 1 Corinthians 3:6-9:
“I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.”
Talk about how your family’s seedlings are like or unlike each family member’s faith growth and development.
- How is the closed seed like a person who doesn’t know God?
When the seed begins to open, discuss:
- Explain whether you were surprised by what was inside the closed seed.
- What surprised you about how the seed changed when we added water and sunshine?
- God’s love is like the sunshine and water on the seed. How does God’s love change us?
Have different family members check on and care for the seedlings each day.
Looking for even more great ideas for Easter? Check out all our Easter posts.