Always remember to include these important items on any
registration forms for special events.
- Ways to Get Involved — Provide a list of ways parents can help
with your special event. Do you need drivers? small group leaders?
a decorating crew? Provide a space for parents to check where
they’d like to help, and call them immediately after receiving the
form. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the talent you’ll
- Scholarship Donations — For events requiring a fee, ask
parents to consider including a few extra dollars as a donation
toward another child’s scholarship.
- “Goes By” Names — This takes the guesswork out of whether it’s
“Matthew” or “Matt.” Calling a preteen by the wrong name can be
devastatingly embarrassing for the child.
- Choice of Friends — Ask preteens to each select two friends
they’d like to be grouped with (in cars, cabins, or small groups).
Requesting an adult leader counts as one choice. Inform kids that
they’ll be guaranteed one of their two requests.
- Shirt Size — If shirts are included in your event, ask for the
preteen’s size. Early registration can be a guide for projecting
your total T-shirt order.
- Disclaimers — Alert parents of your refund policy in writing.
Most churches allow three periods: a time when full refunds are
permitted, a partial-refund period, and finally a nonrefundable
time. Having a nonrefundable deposit helps you project attendance
and secures a commitment from participants. Inform preteens and
parents that if a child’s behavior results in being sent home from
the event, no refund will be issued.
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.