Elementary-aged kids will learn that God can transform bad situations into something good through this splatter print craft.
- A salad spinner,
- paper, and
- tempera paint.
Elementary Bible Craft: Splatter Prints
Tell kids to one at a time:
- Cut a long, rectangular strip of paper and place it around the edge inside the salad spinner basket.
- Place dabs of paint on your paper.
- Close the lid and turn the handle.
- Open the spinner and take out your splatter print.
Read Romans 8:28. Ask:
- Which picture do you like the best-the one before or after it was changed? Explain.
Tell about a situation God transformed in your life. Then ask:
- Tell about a bad thing that has happened to you or someone you know.
- How did God turn that bad thing into something good—maybe you learned a big lesson through it?
Say: The Bible says God can take the bad things in our lives and transform them into something good. God does this for us because he loves us and wants us to become more like Christ. Let’s pray and thank God for the good he brings out of bad things.
For more great ideas like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine!