Christmas Sunday School Lessons for Each Week in December
Enjoy these 4 FREE Christmas Sunday school lessons — one for each Sunday leading up to Christmas.
Each lesson is from one of Group’s bestselling curriculum. It’s our gift to you! Enjoy!
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
In this Christmas Sunday school lesson, kids learn how Jesus fulfilled God’s promise.
- play a fun game about making promises.
- discover the meaning of Jeremiah’s amazing prophecy.
- explore the Key Verse to find out that Jesus fulfilled God’s promise to send a Messiah, and that he promised to be with them.
- determine how keeping and not keeping promises affects them, and make promise cards to give to someone.
- choose a Daily Challenge to apply God’s Word.
- talk about how to share what they learned with their families.
In this Christmas Sunday school lesson, kids learn that God uses ordinary people.
- decide whether to accept an assignment that leads to a risk, a reward, or both.
- play a musical game, and discuss Luke 1:26-38 and Matthew 1:18-21.
- read Luke 1:28-29 and 1 Samuel 16:7, and invent news stories about ways God might use kids.
- decorate posters showing ways that God can use ordinary people.
- read Luke 1:39-45 and 1 Thessalonians 5:11, and write encouraging notes to classmates.
- name things they’ll do for God and others.
In this Sunday school lesson, kids celebrate Jesus birth! Kids will…
- pretend to be part of the planning committee for the very first Christmas celebration.
- sing “Glory to God.”
- read Luke 2:1-20 and pose as the person they most feel like at Jesus’ birth.
- play in an “air band” to celebrate Jesus’ birth.
- imagine giving the best gifts to celebrate God’s greatest gift.
Kids will learn that Jesus was born and is the BEST gift they’ll get at Christmas or any time. Kids will…
- Take a census and travel to Bethlehem to experience Jesus’ birth.
- Decide whether to keep or toss a set of gifts.
- Make silhouette ornaments of the nativity.
- Use a predictable grid to discuss why Jesus is the best gift ever.
- Experiment with liquids to see that Jesus is the top gift.
- Respond to the gift of Jesus with a thank-you gift.
- Receive a take-home page about the lesson.
Find more great Sunday school lessons to help kids grow in their faith.