Elementary-age kids will enjoy creating these special Mother’s Day Magnets as a way to celebrate the special women in their lives.
Elementary Craft: Mother’s Day Magnet
- Flower shape stencils,
- flower petal stencils,
- white card stock,
- different colored paints,
- paint brushes,
- glitter, and
- magnet or safety pin
Lead kids in the following steps:
- Trace and cut out one large flower shape with three petals from white card stock.
- Trace and cut out three small petals from white card stock.
- Paint the large flower shape green. Paint the small petals different colors.
- Glue the three small petals to the top of the green flower shape. Allow the green petals to show between the colored petals.
- Curve all the petals under by bending the edges around a pencil.
- Glue a gob of glitter in the center of the petals.
- Write a greeting to your mother on the green petals, such as “I love you, Mom.”
- Glue a magnet or safety pin to the back.
San Gabriel, California