Quick + Easy Elementary Craft: Mother’s Day Magnet
Published: July 9, 2012
Elementary-age kids will enjoy creating these special Mother’s Day Magnets as a way to celebrate the special women in their lives.
Elementary Craft: Mother’s Day Magnet
- flower shape stencils
- flower petal stencils
- white card stock
- different colored paints
- magnet or safety pin
Lead kids in the following steps:
- Trace and cut out one large flower shape with three petals from white card stock.
- Trace and cut out three small petals from white card stock.
- Paint the large flower shape green. Paint the small petals different colors.
- Glue the three small petals to the top of the green flower shape. Allow the green petals to show between the colored petals.
- Curve all the petals under by bending the edges around a pencil.
- Glue a gob of glitter in the center of the petals.
- Write a greeting to your mother on the green petals, such as “I love you, Mom.”
- Glue a magnet or safety pin to the back.
San Gabriel, California
Looking for even more great ideas for Mother’s Day? Check out all our Mother’s Day posts. And for even more ministry ideas and daily posts of inspiration, follow us on Facebook!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.