FREE Download: Hope Overflows Science Experiment
Published: February 17, 2021
Use this Hope Overflow Experiment activity with kids to spark discussion about overflowing joy. Watch a video to see how it works here.
- Empty plastic bottle
- 1 package active dry yeast
- Warm water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Liquid dish soap
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Safety glasses
- Large tub or tray to catch overflowing foam
- Activity area suitable for spills (outdoors is perfect)
What to do:
- Set the plastic bottle in the tub or tray.
- Pour ½ cup hydrogen peroxide into the plastic bottle.
- Add 4-5 drops food coloring to hydrogen peroxide. (optional)
- Add 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap to the hydrogen peroxide.
- Swirl the bottle to mix ingredients.
- Add 1 package yeast to ¼ cup warm water and mix. Give the yeast about 5 minutes to activate.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bottle and watch it overflow!
(Watch a how-to video here.)
Afterward, discuss the following questions.
- What makes you overflow with joy?
- What are you looking forward to?
- In what ways does God help you be joyful?
For even more ideas for your children’s ministry and daily posts of inspiration for you and your team, follow us on Facebook!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.