Here are four children’s ministry ideas for the Hasbro Pie Face Game that’ll create outrageous fun — and eternal lessons!
Pie Face is all the rage these days — and you can play with groups of kids in your ministry!
According to Hasbro, here’s how you play this group game: “Just put some delicious whipped cream from home or the wet sponge on the “hand” of this hilarious game unit and start turning the handles. It could go off at any time, so keep your fingers crossed and hope you’re not the one who gets a splat in the face! You score a point for every time you turn the handle without getting pie-faced, and the one who scores 25 points wins.”
Hasbro Pie Face Game Idea 1. Keep Waiting for the Lord
After playing the game, ask:
- How easy or difficult was it to keep turning the handle?
- How easy or difficult is it to wait for God to answer a prayer?
- When do you feel like giving up and not waiting?
Read aloud Psalm 37:34.
- What made it difficult to keep turning the handle while you waited?
- When is it most difficult to keep God’s way while you wait for God to answer prayer?
Pray for kids to have God’s grace to keep God’s way — even when they don’t know when God’s answer to prayer is coming.
Hasbro Pie Face Game Idea 2. Temptation Stings!
After playing the game, tell about a time you were tempted. Ask kids to tell about times they were tempted.
Say: This game is kind of like temptation. We may know that giving into temptation is like getting a splat in the face, but we keep putting ourselves in a situation to be tempted.
- What are some ways that people put themselves in a situation to be tempted?
- Why did we keep turning the handle — even though we knew there would be a consequence?
Read aloud Galatians 6:7-8.
- What does this Scripture tell us about the consequences of giving into temptation?
Say: This game was fun and sometimes we’re tempted to do wrong because it’ll be fun. But the Bible is very clear that the consequences of sin are not fun.
Pray for kids to lean on God when they’re tempted to sin.
Hasbro Pie Face Game Idea 3. Publicity Idea
Simply videotape your kids playing this fun game. And after getting parents’ permission, post the video on your Facebook page — and highlight that this is at your church. Tag your church and the parents of the kids in the video. Then encourage everyone to share the video on their Facebook pages. The fun will be like a magnet to your church!
Hasbro Pie Face Game Idea 4. Hope Against Hope
After playing the game, ask:
- Did you hope you would or wouldn’t get splatted in the face?
- What did that hope feel like?
- What is something you’re hoping for right now?
- How is your hope the same or different than your hope in the game?
Read aloud Romans 5:1-5.
Say: Sometimes we wish for things and we don’t know if we’ll get them. The Bible says that our hope is certain because of who we’re hoping in — God! We know that God is faithful and we can hope in his goodness toward us.
Enjoy these ideas! And don’t end up with too much whipped cream on your face!
Looking for more ministry games? Check out these ideas!