Valentine’s Day Craft
Ages 3 to 5
To make this craft, you’ll need a pink or white lunch bag, a 12-inch pipe cleaner, a 3-inch-round paper doily, a Jesus sticker, a red or pink marker, scissors, glue, and cellophane tape.
Have your preschoolers follow these directions to make their valentine bags:
- Keep the bag closed and cut off the folded section of the bag bottom.
- Use a marker to color the edges of the doily and paper bag.
- Fold up 2 inches of the bottom of the bag and crease in place.
- Use the sticker to attach the folded section to the bag.
- Cut out the doily center and position the opening around the sticker.
- Glue in place.
- Tape the pipe cleaner handle between the folded bag edges at the top opening of the bag. Tape the bag’s side openings closed.
- Write “Jesus loves (child’s name)” at the bottom of the bag.
- Place valentine goodies and messages in the bag.
Lois Putnam Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and prices are subject to change.