Try this Valentine’s Day craft with your preschool students! Cheap, easy, and a great Valentine keepsake for kids ages 3 to 5.
- a pink or white lunch bag,
- a 12-inch pipe cleaner,
- a 3-inch-round paper doily,
- a Jesus sticker,
- a red or pink marker,
- glue, and
- cellophane tape.
Preschool Valentine’s Day Craft
Have your preschoolers follow these directions to make their valentine bags:
- Keep the bag closed and cut off the folded section of the bag bottom.
- Use a marker to color the edges of the doily and paper bag.
- Fold up 2 inches of the bottom of the bag and crease in place.
- Use the sticker to attach the folded section to the bag.
- Cut out the doily center and position the opening around the sticker.
- Glue in place.
- Tape the pipe cleaner handle between the folded bag edges at the top opening of the bag. Tape the bag’s side openings closed.
- Write “Jesus loves (child’s name)” at the bottom of the bag.
- Place valentine goodies and messages in the bag.
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina