This colorful Easter cross is a beautiful way to remind elementary and preteen kids of the Good News of Jesus’ resurrection.
- Card stock,
- masking tape, and
Elementary and Preteen Craft: Colorful Easter Cross
Attach several strips of masking tape to your paper to create across. Overlap your masking tape often to ensure the paper is completely covered where your cross is. Remove the paper from around the crayons. Using the sides of these crayons, make bold strokes of color across the tape-covered paper. Once you’re done coloring, remove the masking tape to have a colorful paper with a white Easter cross in the middle.
Read aloud John 19:16-30. Then ask:
- Do you think the cross Jesus died on was as beautiful as the cross you made? Explain.
- Why did Jesus have to die on a cross?
- What does Jesus’ cross mean to you?
- What is the good news that happened after Jesus died on the cross?
- Jesus’ rose from the dead. What does that mean to you?
Looking for even more great ideas for Easter, like this colorful Easter cross? Check out all our Easter posts. For loads of great ideas in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine.