Homework is on the horizon, as kids prepare to go back-to-school. Use this fun children’s message to help transition kids’ back into school-year mentality.
Bible Verses: Proverbs 1:5
Time: 8 minutes
Preparation: None needed
Transition Kids Back-to-School With This Quick Message
Say: It’s time for school again! Who’s excited to go back?
I have homework for you today. I want you to find out what it takes to be a good student. And our congregation members are going to be your teachers.
On “go,” ask someone in the congregation these two questions:
- What was your favorite part of school?
- And what’s one secret to being a good student?
After you ask these two questions, return to me.
Repeat the questions and send kids off.
When kids return, ask them to tell what they learned. Ask:
- Did you have to work hard on this homework? Why or why not?
- Is school hard work? Why or why not?
- What’s one thing you’ve heard today that you can do to be a better student?
Let’s see what God says about how we can learn and be smart. Read Proverbs 1:5. God wants us to be good students.
Let’s pray. God, thank you for giving us schools and teachers where we can learn and grow smarter. Amen.