Homework is on the horizon, as kids prepare to go back-to-school. Use this fun children’s message to help transition kids’ back into school-year mentality.
Bible Verses: Proverbs 1:5
Time: 8 minutes
Preparation: None needed
Say: It’s time for school again! Who’s excited to go back to school?
I have homework for you today. I want you to find out what it takes to be a good student at your school. And our congregation members are going to be your teachers.
On “go,” ask someone in the congregation these two questions:
- What was your favorite part of school?
- And what’s one secret to being a good student?
After you ask these two questions, return to me.
Repeat the questions and send kids off.
When kids return, ask them to tell what they learned. Ask:
- Did you have to work hard on this homework? Why or why not?
- Is school hard work? Why or why not?
- What’s one thing you’ve heard today that you can do to be a better student?
Let’s see what God says about how we can learn and be smart. Read the scripture. God wants us to be good students.
Let’s pray. God, thank you for giving us schools and teachers where we can learn and grow smarter. Amen.