Valentine’s Day isn’t that far away. Plan ahead and use one of these ideas to let your volunteers know how much you appreciate them.
- Give a gift certificate from a local restaurant.
- Have children use a permanent marker to sign a thank-you T-shirt.
- Give 2 movie tickets.
- Give a small plant.
- Personalize a tote bag.
- Clean a teacher’s classroom.
- Fill a coffee mug with a bag of ground flavored coffee.
- Create a bulletin board that features volunteers serving children.
- Have Psalm 71:18 printed in calligraphy and framed for a volunteer: “Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.”
- Give Whoppers candies with this note: “Thanks for your whopper ideas!”
For more ideas, go to http://www.childrensministry.com/articles/thanks-a-million!