Elementary and Preteen Bible Snack: Baking a Scripture Cake
Published: October 15, 2019
Kids will enjoy cooking up this fun scripture cake — and they’ll learn how to find different books in the Bible more effectively while they’re at it.
Print the recipe below, gather the ingredients and meet in the kitchen of your church. The recipe is keyed to the Revised Standard Version. If you don’t have an RSV Bible, try using the Bible app on your phone!
- baking powder,
- salt, and
Scripture Cake Recipe
- Cream together 1 1/2 cups of Psalm 55:21a and 2 cups Jeremiah 6:20 (cane=sugar).
- Add six of Isaiah 10:14, one at a time. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift 4 1/2 cups of 1 Kings 4:22.
- Add 2 teaspoons of 1 Corinthians 5:6 (leaven=baking powder), a pinch of Matthew 5:13, and 2 cups of Song of Solomon 2:13, chopped.
- Now 2 Kings 4:5 into well-greased loaf pans and Leviticus 24:5 for 50 minutes at 325 degrees.
Have kids bake more than one cake. Enjoy one cake warm from the oven with milk. Then deliver the other cakes—with the recipe—to others inside or outside your church family.
Looking for more snack ideas? Check out these posts! And for even more ideas and daily posts of inspiration, follow us on Facebook!
© Group Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use or duplication permitted.