Use this easy elementary Easter game, Palm Sunday relay, to get children excited about Jesus’ triumphal entry.
You’ll also need:
- palm branches (possibly left over from your Palm Sunday service),
- old T-shirts, and
- a carpeted playing surface.
Before the game, designate a start and finish line, and divide kids into teams of five to 10.
Rules for the Palm Sunday Relay:
1. Each team consists of one “donkey” (a bigger child), one “Jesus” (a smaller child), and three to eight townspeople.
2. The children chosen to be Jesus ride their donkey team member from the start line to the finish line.
3. Townspeople pick up branches or shirts after the team’s donkey passes over them and put them in front again. Townspeople yell “Hosanna” as they run with the branches or T-shirts.
4. The donkeys can only move ahead if their “feet” are on shirts or palm branches that the townspeople lay down in front of them.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin