Use this preschool children’s message: Creation to teach children about God’s creation and the story recounted in Genesis 1:1-2:3.
Preschool Children’s Message: Telling the Creation Story
1. Bible Activity: Creation-in-Motion
Turn the lights off and have children sit on the floor.
Paraphrase the story from Genesis 1:1-2:3 as children do these actions after each day’s description:
- Day 1: Turn the lights on and stand up;
- Day 2: Raise their hands and form imaginary clouds. Sway back and forth to imitate ocean waves;
- Day 3: Pat the ground and pretend to pick flowers;
- Day 4: Place an imaginary sun and moon in the sky. Twinkle fingers like the stars;
- Day 5: Imitate birds and fish;
- Day 6: Imitate an animal of their choice. Then stand up tall;
- Day 7: Lie on the floor.
After the story, have children say, “And God saw that it was very good.”
Say: God made all these things for us because he loves us.
2. Craft: Creamy Creations
Have children wear painting shirts. Give each child a dark sheet of construction paper, and have them each squirt a small amount of shaving cream on their paper. Encourage children to be creative like God as they finger-paint with the shaving cream.
- sunflower seeds, and
- M&M’s candies.
Have children combine various foods to create their own Creation Crunch. As kids create, affirm them for their God-given creativity because they’re made in God’s image.
Contributors: Robyn Kundert and Stephen Parolini
Looking for more children’s messages? Check out these posts!