You’re about to have a house full of guests from our children’s
ministry! Thank you for offering to open your home for this fun
event. Here are a few tips to remember as you prepare for this open
- Decide which areas of your home will be open and which will be
off-limits (safety and security are the two things to consider). Is
your garage filled with sharp objects, or your formal dining room
stack with antique china? You can clearly designate any areas that
are off-limits with a sign that says, “Thank you for not entering
- If you’re serving food, think through the best traffic flow for
food service, and then strategically place trashcans according to
that flow. Cleanup will be easier when people can easily find a
- Stock your bathrooms with plenty of hand soap, toilet paper,
and hand towels. Likewise, stock your kitchen with plenty of hand
soap, paper towels, and hand towels.
- Accept help from your guests with food service and clean up.
While you’re opening your home to us, we all want to pitch in with
help. Please let us.
- Enjoy your guests! Be sure to focus on sharing your family,
your home, and your conversation with your guests. That’s really
the reason we’re coming!
From “Going Nowhere on the Cheap“: A
Progressive Trip tip sheet you can give to parents…