We had a fantastic time re-creating our vacation Bible school
for local nursing home residents. Here’s how you can do it,
------------- | For more great articles like this, subscribe to Children's Ministry Magazine. | -------------
- Contact the recreation director of the nursing home several
weeks in advance to schedule your event in the early
- Draw from the closing program of your VBS to prepare songs,
poems, Scripture verses, and dramas to present for 30 minutes.
- Pray as a group beforehand.
- Introduce each person. We had a karaoke machine with a
microphone so children could each say their name and age.
- Take along back-up tapes or CDs.
- Bring small gifts kids made in VBS that they can give to the
residents afterward. Allow 30 minutes for children and residents to
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.