We can give God our worries.
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
Sometimes kids have grown-up-sized problems: where to get their
next meal, where they’ll sleep tonight, whether Dad will be in jail
again next week, and the list goes on. Your children have an
opportunity to reach out to these kids and help them know what to
do with that endless list of worries. Use this craft to touch kids’
- 1/3 cup of liquid dish detergent
- 5 cups of water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of glycerin or white corn syrup
- 1 chenille wire per child
- 1 clean baby food jar with lid per child
- 1 mailing label per child
- 1 empty pitcher
- 1 large wooden spoon
- 1 measuring cup
- Help the children mix the following bubble solution in a
pitcher: 1/3 cup of detergent, 5 cups of water, and 2 1/2
tablespoons of glycerin or white corn syrup.
- Give each child a baby food jar. Have the children fill their
jars with bubble solution and place the lids on the jars.
- Give each child a mailing label and a marker. Help kids write
“Jesus Cares for You-1 Peter 5:7″ on their labels. Encourage kids
to decorate the labels and put on the jars.
- Show kids how to bend a chenille wire into the shape of a
bubble wand. Direct the children to tape their wands to the side of
Discuss these questions with your children:
Kids LOVE these Sunday School resources!
- How is blowing bubbles like “casting” our worries on God?
- What happens to our worries when we give them to God?
Say: Sometimes there are things that worry us.
God wants us to tell him those things because he cares for us.
There are children in our community who have a lot of worries and
don’t know they can give them to God. We’re going to give our
Bubble Buddies to a group of kids who need to hear about the love
Give your crafts to a group home or foster-care agency in your
area. If you have time, your children will benefit from going
together to give these gifts.
Pray: God, thank you for loving us and hearing
our prayers. We praise you for your love, and we want to help
others know you like we do. We love you. In Jesus’ name, amen.