Taken straight from the pages of Jackie Silberg’s book Games
to Play With Babies, these age appropriate nursery games are a
great way to entertain and educate infants in your nursery
- Now You See It-Once babies figure out that
hidden things don’t just disappear (around six to eight months),
they enjoy Hide-and-Seek games with objects. Partially hide a toy
and let the baby uncover it.
- Hit the Floor-Set up an obstacle course of
pillows and cardboard boxes for babies to maneuver over and
- Monkey See-And of course, monkey do. Older
babies enjoy mimicking adults. Smack your lips, clap your hands, or
stick out your tongue. Baby will follow suit.
- Let’s Talk About It-Babies babble incessantly
somewhere around eight to 12 months. Play pointing and naming games
to help build baby’s vocabulary. “This is a Bible. Can you say
- Catch-When baby is able to sit up, roll a soft
ball to the child. Baby may try to roll the ball back, but you’ll
have to work at catching it. Roll the ball away from baby, and let
him chase it.
- Body Parts-Show baby a doll. Have the baby
touch the doll’s toes, eyes, fingers, hair, mouth, and ears.
Reinforce that God made each of these body parts on baby.
For more fun games, check out Games to Play With Babies by Jackie Silberg