Fifth and sixth graders don’t want to be treated like
little children. They want to feel important! Here’s how to pull
off a training program that’ll inspire kids this
- Require a written application. Give kids a form detailing the
requirements and have them complete and sign it. This will increase
kids’ commitment level.
- Get informed commitments from parents. Have parents co-sign the
application so you know there will be family support and so parents
know what you expect.
- Make the training hands-on. Use your best hands-on teacher
training lessons and resources to equip these young leaders. Group
Publishing’s four-part video series, Preschool Teacher Training,
appeals to this video generation.
- Cover relevant topics. Deal with issues such as classroom
management; the importance of being a good role model; how kids
learn; using active, hands-on learning methods; and church policies
for people who work with children.
- Celebrate. Punctuate your program with a fun graduation party,
complete with diplomas, pepperoni pizza and Dr Pepper!
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.