Every child wants to be valued.
So try these awesome affirmation ideas with your kids:
- Look children in the eye. Talk to children on their level. Get on the floor if necessary.
- Reach out and touch. Nudge an elbow. Shake hands. Give a quick hug around the shoulders.
- Call children by name. Children want to hear their names spoken with love and kindness.
- Listen to every response. When children give a questionable response, guide them toward a more appropriate answer.
- Be a learner too. Share what you’re learning with children. They’ll respect you for it.
By Walter Norvell