With this Easter Craft: Palm Branch Crosses, you can recycle the palm branches you wave at services on Palm Sunday to create these beautifully woven crosses.
The Stuff: Palm branches and scissors
1. Tear a thin strip off a palm branch. Form a loop at the top of the strip. Form a loop at the long end.
2. With the long end, bend and crease the palm (at an angle), diagonally.
3. Bend the creased strip around to form a cross.
4. Wrap the palm around the vertical portion of the cross, bringing down the strand.
5. Weave the strand around the middle-under and up, over and down, under and up.
6. When the palm strand is near the end, tuck the end in the middle of the weave to finish.