This preteen Bible craft will teach kids about being a vessel of honor to the Lord while they make vases out of plastic bottles.
- One plastic 2-litre bottle with its cap for each child,
- X-Acto or sharp knives,
- spray paint,
- enamel paint,
- paintbrushes and
Preteen Bible Craft: Plastic Bottle Vase
Say: Heat your bottle in hot water. Then cut around the bottle evenly, as shown by the dotted lines. Then, cut a hole in the center of the bottom piece-just large enough for the neck of the bottle to pass through. Turn the bottom piece upside down and put the bottleneck, spout end down, through the hole. Screw on the bottle cap tightly. When kids have done this, have them spray paint the vase. Then use enamel paint or stickers to decorate the vases.
Read aloud 2 Timothy 2:20-21. Ask:
- What does it mean to be a vessel of honor? a vessel of dishonor?
- Which vessel do you want to be in God’s house?
Read aloud 2 Timothy 2:22-26. Ask:
- Which things must we remove from our lives to be vessels of honor?
- Which things must we put in our lives to be vessels of honor?
- What one thing can you work on this week?
Crystal Lake, Illinois
For more great ideas like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine!