Congratulations on embarking on this super-fun, super-interesting Bible reading plan. Together your family will read about key events and people in the Bible. You’ll get an overview of what happened…and why it matters so much!
A Reading Plan for Families: One Year in the Bible
Here’s how it works.
- Post this reading plan somewhere the entire family will see it, like on your refrigerator.
- Find the week’s passage in the Bible. Read it together or on your own. (We suggest reading longer passages together over a few days.)
- Once each family member has read the passage, discuss the following questions.
- What surprised you about this passage?
- What do you think this passage shows us about God?
- How do you think this passage relates to your life today?
- What did you learn about the people in this passage?
- Pray together, asking God to strengthen your understanding of his Word. Then check off the week’s reading.
It’s as easy as that! Happy reading—our prayer is that you and your family grow closer to each other and to God as you embark on your journey through the Bible.
Download your Family Reading Plan: One Year in the Bible.
For more great ideas like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine!