Use these 6 family ministry tools parents prefer to partner with them in their children’s faith development.
From exclusive research into the state of family ministry, here are parents’ responses when Children’s Ministry Magazine asked them to rank the tools they find most helpful to train their children spiritually.
- Family Events—This is the #1 way that churches define family ministry.
- Face-to-Face Conversations*—Parents, like all people, crave relationships. Don’t underestimate a simple conversation in the hallway.
- Take-home handouts—In Shift: What it takes to finally reach families today, Brian Haynes outlines how to encourage families to have conversations at home.
- Email communication—Want an easy way to create a parent newsletter? Check out the customizable Parenting Christian Kids newsletter.
- Parent training seminars*—Parents say they value them, but let’s be honest…Will they really come?
- Faith milestone celebrations*—Celebrate six milestones with families with the Family Faith Celebration Set.
* Less than 40% of churches use these methods, which limits parents’ ability to evaluate their helpfulness.
Subscribe to Children’s Ministry Magazine today for loads of family ministry insights and tools.