With Easter so close, here are 12 easy Easter ideas about Jesus that you can use in your Sunday school, children’s church, or even at home. And they’re completely focused on the real reason for Easter–Jesus.
1. An Easter Story is a powerful (and easy) skit to help kids know that Easter isn’t about the Easter Bunny by having the Easter Bunny learn that Easter isn’t all about candy; it’s about Jesus.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
2. The Easter Skit: The Old Rabbits’ Home is a clever way of parodying four famous rabbits as you help kids understand that Easter is not about bunnies!
3. Your entire congregation can enjoy this Easter Cross Garden on Easter morning. Kids will place crosses in the church lawn; it’s a wonderful surprise gift to your church and community in remembrance of Christ’s resurrection.
4. There great thing about these 6 Easter Giveaways is that kids will use them to share the Easter story — the Gospel — with friends, family, and neighbors.
5. These 5 Easter Snacks for your ministry will make memorable lessons for kids to remember Jesus’ death and resurrection.
6. These Easter Egg Prayers transform something children are used to seeing at Easter — plastic eggs into a meaningful celebration of Jesus’ sacrifice and the hope of his resurrection.
7. This Easter Children’s Message is a great way to explain the gospel to children and help them to follow Jesus this Easter!
8. This Easter Children’s Message: Jesus’ Suffering is the perfect way to help children understand that Easter is not an abstract story, but rather something that really and truly happened. After they experience this message, they’ll better understand that Jesus suffered for them.
9. The Easter Jelly Bean Walk is a fun game for kids with meaning. You’ll give each child a bag of color-coded jelly beans that each tell part of the gospel story — along with a key they can use to share with others.
10. These Easter Memory Magnets are an easy craft that preteens will like. And they’ll enjoy the constant reminder that Jesus is risen from the dead!
11. The Box of Stones is a deeper and very meaningful drama that you can use with older kids. You’ll need kids to practice this ahead of time but it’s very easy to pull off.
12. Blooming Crowns is one of our very favorite Easter pins on Pinterest. It’s such an easy way to transform a paper plate to help kids remember a different crown Jesus wore on the cross.