Gracias! Dankeschon! In any language, these ideas will help you express your gratitude to volunteers' hearts!
Here are some of my favorite ideas for saying thanks from the "98 Thank Yous for Volunteers" by Mary Van Aalsburg in Children's Ministry Magazine.
1. Write three to five quick thank you notes each week.
2. Give a video rental coupon and a bag of microwave popcorn.
3. Give a long-stemmed chocolate rose.
4. Feature a teacher each month in your church bulletin, newsletter, or worship folder.
5. Make button pins for all your volunteers: "KIDS LOVE ME!"
6. Place classroom supplies such as stickers, stamps, and stamp pads inside a basket and wrap it in colorful cellophane.
7. Set up a Sunday Siesta Section in a quiet room, stocked with flavored coffees and teas, bagels or muffins, and inspirational music.
8. Leave a plate of homemade cookies in each classroom.
9. Volunteer to take leftover "gift with purchase merchandise" off a department store's hands to use as thank you gifts.
10. Find a prayer partner for each volunteer. Send this card: "Pray-er's name is praying just for you and Jesus' kids!"
11. Leave gold-wrapped chocolate coins or Hershey's Kisses® with this note: "Your work with children is more precious than gold. Thanks!"
12. Thank all volunteers with a children-hosted "After-Holidays Open House." Serve appetizers and festive punch or hot apple cider.
13. Surprise a volunteer with a balloon bouquet.
14. Have children complete "You're special to me because…" slips. Then present the slips to teachers.
15. Surprise each volunteer with a gift subscription to Children's Ministry Magazine (www.childrensministry.com/subscribe)
16. Take class pictures. Frame them and have kids sign each frame.
17. Develop a "Homeroom Parent" program to help teachers with tasks such as attendance, follow-up, encouragement, and snack preparation.
18. Provide a place and time for prayer with volunteers before the hectic morning begins.
19. Make a mural with candid shots of teachers and children.
20. Give a gift certificate for dinner out.
Want the other 78 ideas? Click here: http://www.childrensministry.com/articles/98-thank-yous-for-volunteers