For more great articles like this, subscribe to our magazine. Subscribe today and get FREE download access to our most popular holiday guides!
In each issue of
Children’s Ministry Magazine we offer exclusive extra content,
ideas, and downloadables found only at childrensministry.com as a
benefit to our readers. Use these Web Exclusives to help you as you
minister to children and their families.
From the article:
- Print out the card set.
- Cut apart the cards and shuffle them together.
- Set the pile of cards facedown, and have kids take turns
picking a card and reading the question for everyone to
- After kids share their answers, read the Bible passages on the
card and ask how those verses confirm or change kids’
Bonus! Print out a set of cards for each child to take home
for family discussions.
- On card stock, make copies of the cube design. You’ll need one copy per
- Have kids cut on the solid lines, fold on the dotted lines, and
tape the handouts to form cubes.
- Have kids roll their cubes. Challenge kids to compliment
someone in your group related to the topic they rolled. Practice a
- Have kids take their cubes home and roll them each morning.
Throughout the day, kids can look for ways to compliment people
related to the topic they roll.
Toss & Talk
- Print out the “Toss & Talk” page.
- Have kids take turns tossing a coin at the page from about 6
- Lead kids in finishing the sentence the coin lands on or
Bonus! Print a copy of the page for each child, and encourage kids
to play it with friends and family during the week.
- Print out the “Wisdom Quest” game boards (Part A
B) on white 11×17 cardstock.
- On Part A, cut along the outside circle, then cut along three
edges of each space with a treasure chest on it to form flaps.
- On Part B, cut out the circle.
- Use a metal fastener to attach Part B under Part A so it can
- To play with kids, you’ll need a die and playing pieces.
- Have kids take turns rolling the die and moving clockwise
around the board. Kids should follow the directions on the space
they land on.
- If kids land on a treasure chest, they can choose whether or
not to open the flap. If they open it, they’ll read the Proverb
underneath. Proverbs about wisdom mean kids can move forward the
number of spaces written on the treasure chest. Proverbs about
fools send kids back that many spaces. Kids should continue moving
and opening flaps based on the spaces they land on in a given turn,
until they are no longer instructed to move. If a child chooses not
to open a flap, his turn is over.
- For each proverb, encourage kids to share about times they’ve
seen people act wisely or foolishly in that way-or even times
they’ve done so themselves.
- After someone reaches the Finish space, talk to kids about what
they’ll do this week to make wise choices.
- Any time you want to play again, just rotate Part B so kids
won’t know what to expect when they lift a flap.
- Print out the “Super
Spinner” on white card stock.
- Choose a child to spin a pen on the spinner.
- Lead everyone in doing the activity that the writing end of the
pen points to.
Bonus! Print a spinner for each child so they can wow their
family and friends with these fun devotions.
- Print out the “Draw Me” card set.
- Cut apart the cards.
- Have kids take turns selecting cards from the deck and drawing
something about their life that pertains to the topic. No words
- The other kids will try to guess the topic. (Exact words aren’t
necessary; you can be the judge on how close guessers are to the
concept.) After someone guesses correctly, the artist will talk
about his or her drawing.
- When you’ve exhausted all the topics, play again, but read the
topic aloud before the person drawing begins. This time have kids
guess what the drawing is, rather than guessing the topic.
From the article Operation Kid-to-Kid
You can find out more information on the organizations
Group’s Operation Kid-to-Kid
program, LifeTree Adventures, Biblica, and Compassion
No more wasted time on newsletters parents aren’t reading! Start getting the ease and professionalism of the Parenting Christian Kids newsletter for just
$6.67 $4.99 a month
. Hurry! This offer is valid for a limited time!