Use this children’s message: Trash to Treasure with kids ages 3 to 7.
What You’ll Need
a Bible, paper towel tubes, markers, duct tape, and bottle caps or soda can tabs
What You’ll Do
Read aloud 2 Corinthians 5:15-17.
Give each child a paper towel tube and a few bottle caps or soda can tabs.
Say: Your supplies are things that normally get thrown away. But we’re going to make something out of them to remember how God turns bad to good in us.
- Have kids follow these steps:
- Have kids use markers to decorate their tubes.
- Seal one end with duct tape;
- Then have kids put their bottle caps and soda can tabs inside.
- Tape the other end securely.
Have kids shake their instruments as you say: When we feel all used up, like garbage, we can remember that God renews our spirits. This year, when you’re in a bad mood, shake your instrument and remember that God is renewing you into a treasure.
Want more great ideas like this children’s sermon? Subscribe to the leading magazine for children’s ministry.